24-Hour Home Care
Alondra Home Care is the premier non-medical in-home care agency serving seniors in Fremont, Oakland, and San Jose. We have been devoted to providing care for families for over 6 years. Our mission is simple… Love Others More. We do so by going out to homes, communities, and centers helping the elderly live their most satisfying lives for as long as possible.
If you’re looking for home care in Fremont, CA then you won’t find a more caring organization. The in-home care services provided by our exceptionally trained professional caregivers make it possible for the elderly to remain independent in the place that they call home. Contact us now so we can make a difference in you or a loved one’s life today.
Does your loved one need around-the-clock care? That doesn’t mean you’re forced to put them in a nursing home. In fact, 24-hour home care is an excellent option to help your loved one age in place.
What is 24-hour at-home care? What does a 24-hour caregiver do? How much does senior home care cost? Is it covered by Medicare? Do overnight caregivers sleep? How do you choose the right 24-hour home care company?
Let’s take a look at the basics of 24/7 home care services.
What Is 24-Hour Care at Home?
24-hour in-home care involves around-the-clock assistance with activities of daily living such as toileting, bathing, grooming, eating, and more. There are two different types of 24-hour home care:
- Live-in caregivers stay in the home night and day and are given an 8-hour break to sleep.
- 24-hour care involves two or more caregivers rotating shifts so somebody is always awake to help your loved one.
What Services Are Included With 24-Hour at-Home Care?
24-hour in-home care services for seniors may include:
- Dressing, bathing, and grooming assistance
- Toileting and incontinence care
- Mobility assistance
- Medication reminders
- Safety and fall prevention
- Meal planning and preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Grocery shopping, prescription pickup, and other errands
- Transportation to social activities or doctor appointments
Don’t underestimate the importance of companionship.
In fact, studies have shown that loneliness and social isolation significantly increase rates of dementia, depression, and death.
We’ve satisfied many customers over the years. A few were kind enough to send us a note. So don’t just take our word for it view our testimonials.
Top 24-Hour Home Care in Fremont, Newark, Union City, Hayward, Oakland, Milpitas, San Jose, San Leandro, Richmond, and the San Francisco Bay Area
What is the Difference Between Hourly Home Care and Live-In Home Care?
While hourly home care and live-in home care can both provide 24/7 assistance, they are different, and each has pros and cons.
Live-In Home Care
When you think about 24-hour at-home care, you may think that involves having somebody live with your loved one, and that can be the case. With live-in home care, you have one caregiver in the home all day and night for 4 or 5 days a week, and a second caregiver in the home the other 2 to 3 days a week.
The benefits of live-in home care are that it is cheaper than hourly home care and your loved one gets to know two caretakers extremely well. For some elderly people, especially those with Alzheimer’s or dementia, having familiar faces can help them feel more comfortable.
One potential downside is that live-in caregivers must receive 8 hours off every night to sleep and may have several hours of time off during the day.
Hourly Home Care
If your loved one requires a caretaker who is always awake any time of day, hourly home care may be a better option. With hourly home care, your loved one will have multiple caregivers rotating in and out of the house every 8 to 12 hours. Potential downsides include the higher cost and the fact that your loved one will see more faces and need to get to know more caregivers.
Can Hourly Home Care Also Be 24-Hour Home Care?
Yes, you can pay hourly rates for 24-hour home care to ensure somebody is always awake to care for your loved one.
When looking for home care in Fremont, CA you won’t find a more caring organization. View our services and see how we can change your life today.
How Much Does Senior Home Care Cost?
Top Senior Home Care in Fremont, Newark, Union City, Hayward, Oakland, Milpitas, San Jose, San Leandro, Richmond, and the San Francisco Bay Area
The cost of in-home care varies widely across the country . The national median cost for a home health aide is $27 per hour. You could pay as little as $19.50 or less per hour for a home health aide in Louisiana or as much as $34.50 or more per hour in Washington state.
Does Medicare Cover 24-Hour Home Care?
No, Medicare does not cover 24-hour at-home care .
How Do You Know When a Parent Needs 24-Hour Care?
The easy answer is that you should trust your gut. If you worry that your loved one requires 24-hour care, you are probably right. Here are some specific things you can look for to know when it’s time to consider 24-hour at-home care for your parent:
- Repeated accidents. Your loved one may need to be monitored more closely if they repeatedly stumble, fall, or even have close calls.
- Physical care requirements change. If you can no longer meet the physical requirements of your caregiving duties, you should consider bringing in 24-hour care rather than risking your own health and safety to care for your parent.
- Your loved one has Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. If they are at risk of wandering off, leaving a stove turned on, or are experiencing “sundowning,” they may need more care than you can provide alone.
- You experience caregiver burnout. Caring for a loved one can be physically and emotionally draining. Whether you need a short break or full-time help, caregiver burnout is an extremely valid reason to bring in 24-hour home care for your parent.
24-hour in-home care involves around-the-clock assistance with activities of daily living such as toileting, bathing, grooming, eating, and more.
Do Overnight Caregivers Sleep?
Live-in caregivers must get 8 hours off every night to sleep. Hourly caregivers must be awake all night unless you allow them to sleep.
How Do You Choose the Right 24-Hour Caregivers?
Here are some questions you can ask to find the right home-care agency for your loved one :
- How do you provide seniors with high-quality care?
- What type of employee screening do you do?
- How do you train and monitor caregivers?
- Do you provide any financial assistance?
- How do you handle billing and expenses?
- Will the agency work directly with you, your loved one, and health care providers?
- How are problems addressed and resolved?
- What procedures are in place for emergencies?
- When can services begin?
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Loneliness and Social Isolation Linked to Serious Health Conditions, https://www.cdc.gov/aging/publications/features/lonely-older-adults.html
- Genworth, Cost of Care Survey, https://www.genworth.com/aging-and-you/finances/cost-of-care.html
- Medicare, Home Health Services, https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/home-health-services
- Mayo Clinic, Healthy Aging, https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/healthy-aging/in-depth/home-care-services/art-20044609
Get Started today with Alondra Home Care. It’s time to see how we can make a difference in you or a loved one’s life today.